It’s getting close to the end of the year, so now is the time to be looking to satisfy the year end CLE requirements.
Tennessee Attorney’s Memo is presenting the 2013 Tennessee Real Estate Law Conference on October 4, 2013. This all day seminar will cover a number of topics related to real estate, mortgages, and case law updates.
Most important, Sean Kirk of Bonelaw will speak about our practice group’s big victory in the Sterling Ventures case, which was the first opinion to construe Tenn. Code Ann. § 35-5-118–the new Tennessee post-foreclosure deficiency statute.
Other topics will include:
- Commercial development and financing
- Work-out for troubled real estate loans
- Post-foreclosure deficiency suits
- Curing title defects
- New mortgage rules
- Environmental concerns
- Ethical considerations in real estate law
- Real estate case law/legislative update