A quick reminder: Tomorrow, June 6, 2013, I’ll be teaching the CLE presented by M. Lee Smith Legal Publishers called Creditors’Rights in Tennessee: 10 Collection Strategies.
This is a one hour audio seminar, that will cover the usual Tennessee collections lawyer song and dance. Things like:
- Things to consider prior to declaring a loan in default and filing a collections lawsuit
- Issues in deciding between Chancery Court and General Sessions Court
- Importance of knowing your Statute of Limitations
- Making sure you Sue the Right Party
- Judgment Liens and why they work
- Fraudulent Transfers
- Overview of bankruptcy issues, including preferences and Trustee avoidance actions
- Common roadblocks to collecting money, including domestication of foreign judgments
It’s one hour of CLE credit, and, hopefully, what I teach you during seminar will put some money in your clients’ pockets.